Wuxi AppTec Job in Shanghai
Head of DMPK Business Unit
Job ID: 2016-2269
Job Locations: CN-Shanghai
Responsible to lead WuXi DMPK-PD BU, providing ADME, PK/PD and metabolism services and scientific guidance to preclinical- and clinical-stage programs (from in vitro early screening to human AME) to serve global clients.
WuXi DMPK-PD BU is operating in both US and China with over 350 staff globally in support of small molecule and biologics drug discovery and development.
- Provide a long term and strategic plan in alignment with WuXi’s vision and business unit goals both scientifically and operationally; work with other senior management team members in DMPK-PD to design and lead the execution of short term actions to develop WuXi’s DMPK-PD full capabilities in discovery, preclinical and clinical areas.
- Work with other BU heads within LTD and company to achieve designated financial goal for DMPK-PD and Lab Testing Division in order to meet the company’s expectation
- Develop, implement, and validate scientific approaches to solving complex drug discovery and development stage problems in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and related areas; work along with other DMPK/PD experts in building and optimizing IND-enabling and NDA capabilities in support of fillings for FDA and cFDA
- Interface with internal program teams across multiple therapeutic programs and indications in order to advance programs towards program milestone objectives and achievement; ensure close collaboration and integration with relevant internal functional areas (e.g. chemistry, biologics, biology, Tox, BAS)
- Work with scientific field of experts and operation units to ensure high quality services in terms of study design/execution, data interpretation and program development.
- Help and serve our clients with their programs, manage internal and external timelines, milestones and expectations, delivery high quality DMPK-PD data with scientific inputs and advice to our clients on a timely basis to move the projects and programs forward.
- Serve as role model, mentor, leader and educator to subordinates and help them to achieve full career development potential.
- Supervise DMPK personnel and support of multiple programs on behalf of partner collaborations including the preparation of project reports and conducting tele- and video-conferences with collaborators
- Requires a PhD in pharmacokinetics, pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, or related discipline with relevant industrial experience. .
- Minimum of 12+ years industrial experience with a demonstrated track record advancing small molecule therapeutics through discovery to registration.
- Experience with other therapeutic modalities (i.e. biotherapeutics) is also necessary
- Extensive team leadership and people management experience in cross function team setting
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Has established a reputation as a leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishment.
- Prior experience operating in a matrix environment.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
Contact: HR email@example.com